Once you’ve burned off some energy outside in the snow, you’ll want to warm up by the fire with the kids and relax and play a more low energy game like this week’s Sleepy Sunday activity:
- Choose one person to be the guesser. The guesser then leaves the room (or goes into an area where they can’t see or hear what is going on.
- While they are out of the room, everyone else decides who will be the ‘Monkey’. The other players will be the followers.
- When the guesser comes back into the room, the monkey does an action, such as scratching their head or sticking their tongue out. The followers all copy whatever the monkey does.
- The guesser has to determine which player is the monkey. The monkey does different actions for the followers to copy. He tries not to let the guesser see their changing the action.
- When the guesser guesses who the monkey is, they become the monkey for the next round.
January 20 2013