Hello and welcome to the first blog of 2014!
I hope you have all had a fabulous Christmas and a great time on New Year’s Eve. Now is the traditional time to make your plans and resolutions for the coming year, so I thought I’d give you some inspiration and suggest some things you can all agree to do as part of a family.
You can opt in or out of any of these suggestions, or adapt them to suit your own family.
* We will limit our intake of fast food (McDonalds, KFC etc) to once a month.
* We will make an effort to switch to whole grain bread, pasta and rice, even if only for two weeks out of every four.
* We will spend at least 30 minutes outside playing, regardless of the weather.
* We will add physical activity or play time to the calendar. A scheduled evening walk, fitness class or soccer games the whole family can participate in should be treated the same was as other important dates on the calendar.
* We will try lots of different sports together until we all find one that we enjoy and can take up on a regular basis.
* We will replace sugary soft drinks and squash with milk and water – this can be applied to the whole family as children will follow their parents examples.
I’ll be back tomorrow with more ideas, so be sure to check back!